OUR CAUSE DEFINES US
We are a cause-driven organization that ensures members of our community have the opportunities they need to stay healthy. We bring families, neighbors and friends together in a motivated and fun environment.
Our strength is in community:
- The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
- $4,121,810 in financial assistance was provided for membership, programs, and child care.
- 177,000 people were served by the YMCA last year.
- 43,250 people are members of the YMCA.
- 9,727 teens are actively involved in teen leadership development, service-learning, and Teen Zone.
- 7,525 individuals are involved in child care and after school programs.
- 10,724 individuals are involved with YMCA Camp Mantiou-Lin
- 1,483 kids are enrolled in the summer Mid-City Adventure Club program.
- 6,325 volunteers donated 83,095 hours of service to YMCA programs.