DISCOVER YOUR PASSION
Employment With a Purpose
The YMCA is a major non-profit employer in the Greater Grand Rapids area. We offer a great working environment and competitive pay. Our excellent benefits include medical and dental insurance options, retirement, YMCA membership, paid time for training and many opportunities for career and personal growth.
Learn, grow, and thrive with a career at the Y. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive change. Every day, our staff – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – work to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens improving the nation’s health and well-being.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and develop a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues.
View and apply for open positionsGet Started
- $5,412,183 in financial assistance was distributed providing life changing opportunities through YMCA membership, programs, and child care
- 184,525 members and program participants addressed and achieved their health and well-being goals
- 1,579 children achieved both academic and developmental milestones through our child care, preschool and after school programs
- 12,621 campers and families developed core values, created lasting memories, friendships and bonds at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin
- 1,421 kids built strong leadership skills through the Mid-City Adventure Club
- 16,881 grew stronger and embraced healthy living habits for total health in spirit, mind, and body through our community outreach programs
- 27,770 children grounded balls, dribbled, swam, and danced, as well as gained confidenced, reached milestones and built character through our youth programs
- 7,426 volunteers that donated time and service to YMCA programs