DISCOVER YOUR PASSION
At the YMCA we value your time and talents. We are committed to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. And we can't do it without volunteers and interns.
Now hiring interns for Fall!
Every year volunteers and interns make it possible for the YMCA to change the lives of kids, teens, adults, and seniors.
The partnership of volunteers, interns, and employees is central to the work of our Association. It supports the dedication of the YMCA to involve people in the programs and services that strengthen the foundation of our community. This partnership allows volunteers and interns to develop leadership skills and to give back to their community. It also allows the Association to expand the quality and quantity of our programs and services.
Volunteers contribute their time, talent, and resources. At the YMCA, your time and talent go a long way. Every hour you spend as a YMCA volunteer provides the caring attention a child or teen needs to grow up healthy and resilient, support for families so they can be successful, and a safer, more viable community that’s a good place to live and work.
The Association defines a volunteer as anyone who willingly gives his or her time and talent to help us accomplish our mission without receiving compensation or special privileges of any kind.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds at community events to ensure the Y is accessible to all
- Improve our facilities by providing clean areas and surfaces for our member satisfaction
- Coach sports teams and teach many of our classes, including swim lessons or youth basketball
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors by helping out at local community events
- Motivate and support children in building character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help older adults who want to do more, be more, or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
To get started as a YMCA volunteer please fill out our online application.
The YMCA offers internship opportunities in a variety of areas to help you grow professionally and personally. Our interns typically work anywhere form 10-40 hours a week, and we fully support interns who desire to work in an intern role for concurrent semesters. As an unpaid YMCA intern, you receive a free YMCA adult membership for the length of your internship, options for class credit, and flexible hours and scheduling.
Please review the available internships below.
|Marketing/Campaign Intern||David D. Hunting||More Details|
|Community Outreach Veggie Van Development Intern||Corporate||Community Outreach||More Details|
|Aquatics Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Rentals Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Sports and Recreation Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Teaching/Education Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Facilities Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Health and Wellness Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Child Care/Education Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Membership Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
|Technical Engineering/Equipment Maintenance||David D. Hunting||Maintenance||More Details|
|Arts and Humanities Intern||Multiple Locations||More Details|
- $5,412,183 in financial assistance was distributed providing life changing opportunities through YMCA membership, programs, and child care
- 184,525 members and program participants addressed and achieved their health and well-being goals
- 1,579 children achieved both academic and developmental milestones through our child care, preschool and after school programs
- 12,621 campers and families developed core values, created lasting memories, friendships and bonds at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin
- 1,421 kids built strong leadership skills through the Mid-City Adventure Club
- 16,881 grew stronger and embraced healthy living habits for total health in spirit, mind, and body through our community outreach programs
- 27,770 children grounded balls, dribbled, swam, and danced, as well as gained confidenced, reached milestones and built character through our youth programs
- 7,426 volunteers that donated time and service to YMCA programs