How to Apply
Volunteer and internship opportunities at the YMCA require a commitment, both of time and to the mission of the Association. For volunteers, opportunities are available for a single time, for seven-week sessions, or for monthly, weekly, or even daily commitments. Volunteering can be a long-term commitment or a simple one-day engagement.
To get started as a YMCA intern please fill out our online application.
Thanks for sharing your time and talent with the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
- $5,412,183 in financial assistance was distributed providing life changing opportunities through YMCA membership, programs, and child care
- 184,525 members and program participants addressed and achieved their health and well-being goals
- 1,579 children achieved both academic and developmental milestones through our child care, preschool and after school programs
- 12,621 campers and families developed core values, created lasting memories, friendships and bonds at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin
- 1,421 kids built strong leadership skills through the Mid-City Adventure Club
- 16,881 grew stronger and embraced healthy living habits for total health in spirit, mind, and body through our community outreach programs
- 27,770 children grounded balls, dribbled, swam, and danced, as well as gained confidenced, reached milestones and built character through our youth programs
- 7,426 volunteers that donated time and service to YMCA programs