Sports and Recreation Intern
Posted October 29, 2013
The Sports and Recreation Intern will assist in the development and implementation of year round Sports programs and leagues. Programs range from pre-school and Youth Sports to Mid-City Baseball League to Adult sports programs. The Sports and Recreation Intern will perform duties in coaching and/or refereeing in sports programs.
- Working towards four-year (B.S.) degree or Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in education in Sports Management, Recreation, or related field.
- Knowledge of program elements (organization, promotion, establishing curriculum, and safety) and ability to implement them preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- 20-40 hours per week; flexible hours and scheduling. Unpaid internship, FREE membership.
How to Apply
Volunteer and internship opportunities at the YMCA require a commitment, both of time and to the mission of the Association. For volunteers, opportunities are available for a single time, for seven-week sessions, or for monthly, weekly, or even daily commitments. Volunteering can be a long-term commitment or a simple one-day engagement.
To get started as a YMCA intern please fill out our online application.
Thanks for sharing your time and talent with the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
- $5,412,183 in financial assistance was distributed providing life changing opportunities through YMCA membership, programs, and child care
- 184,525 members and program participants addressed and achieved their health and well-being goals
- 1,579 children achieved both academic and developmental milestones through our child care, preschool and after school programs
- 12,621 campers and families developed core values, created lasting memories, friendships and bonds at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin
- 1,421 kids built strong leadership skills through the Mid-City Adventure Club
- 16,881 grew stronger and embraced healthy living habits for total health in spirit, mind, and body through our community outreach programs
- 27,770 children grounded balls, dribbled, swam, and danced, as well as gained confidenced, reached milestones and built character through our youth programs
- 7,426 volunteers that donated time and service to YMCA programs