WE'LL WATCH THEM PLAY WHILE YOU WORK OUT!
Because we recognize that exercising regularly is easier said than done when you have small children, we are proud to offer quality drop-in care. Our KidZone is a fun and safe place for children to play while parents and guardians enjoy the Y. It allows children the opportunity to participate in various activities that promote socialization and creative expressions.
We’ll watch your child in our KidZone for up to two hours while you work out. It’s FREE for those who have a Y Family Membership and is designed for children 2 months to 9 years of age.
Please note: Times and age groups may vary from branch to branch.
Infant Care (2 - 18 months)
All children in this age group must be pre-registered 24 hours in advance and are allowed 2 hours of care. You can register your child at the KidZone desk or call us at 616.885.5520. This helps us ensure staff-to-child ratios and maintains a safe environment. In the infant area, your child will experience warm interactions with staff which will include singing, reading, and age-appropriate activities. Drop-ins are welcomed if space allows.
Toddler Care (19 months – 3 years)
Care of the toddlers involves social skills, gross motor, and fine motor, as well as music and movement, and playing with developmentally appropriate toys and equipment. There is no reservation required for this age group and children can stay for 2 hours.
Preschool Care (3 - 5 years)
Care for preschoolers involves gross motor skill development, fine motor, and social skill development. We also strive to teach our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Inclusion. Staff will focus on active play, arts and crafts activities, and creative imagination games. Children do not need to be pre-registered in this area and can stay for 2 hours.
Don’t miss out on our special programs for Y members! We offer Date Nights, Carnivals, and family fun events throughout the year. We’ll have these flyers posted at our KidZone desk.
- Due to health and safety reasons, children must wear safe shoes (tennis shoes) and socks in the KidZone. Please bring socks with you. If you forget, you can pay for socks at the Member Service Desk for $1.
- To ensure that we can serve our entire membership, children are allowed to be in the KidZone for a maximum of two hours. Please adjust your activities so that you do not exceed the time limit. Your child may attend our KidZone twice in a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, for two hours each time. We classify our morning hours as 8:00 am – 2:00 pm and our afternoons from 2:00 pm – 8:30 pm. We require you take at least a two hour break in between your visits to provide your child with food and rest if needed.
- The KidZone is a free service for those with a family membership. If you bring a child that is not a Y member, there is a $3 per child per visit fee. Please pay this fee at the Member Service Desk and show the receipt to the KidZone staff when you sign the child in. Punch cards are also available for your convenience.
- Cubbies are available for children to store their bags and shoes. The KidZone cannot be responsible for any personal items.
- For safety, medical, or sanitary reasons, food is not allowed in the KidZone.
- The KidZone believes in a core value based on discipline policy. Rather than simply being told “no,” children will be redirected to another more positive activity whenever possible. If a timeout is needed, children will sit out one minute for each year of their age before reentering the activity.
- Parents must remain in the Y facility for the duration of their child’s time in the KidZone.
- To reduce and avoid health risks for children, staff, and members, please do not bring your child if they are sick.
KidZone services do not fall under child daycare licensing regulation and are not licensed due to the limited number of hours a child is allowed to attend and the requirement that parents remain in the building.
If you are a first-time member, a KidZone A staff member would be glad to give you an orientation into our program including drop-off and pick-up procedures.
5722 Metro Way SW Wyoming, MI 49519 Directions
Work (616) 885-5500
- Mon-Thurs 5:00am-10:00pm
- Friday 5:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday 6:00am-7:00pm
- Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm
- Mon-Friday 8:00am-8:30pm
- Saturday 8:00am-6:00pm
- Sunday Noon-5:00pm