TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
Please note, this is a typical schedule. Each classroom will have a personalized daily schedule to guarantee children’s developmental needs are being met.
- Arrive 8:00 a.m. // Arrival, child choice, morning snack
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. // Breakfast, table toys
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. // Small group, large group time
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. // Child choice, outside, gross motor
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. // Lunch
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. // Rest time, quiet activities
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. // Snack, table toys
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. // Small group, large group time
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. // Child choice, outside, gross motor
- 5:30 p.m. Closing // Departure
To assure that the changing developmental and individual needs of each infant are met, the program will permit infants to eat and sleep on demand and will not be required to function as a whole group. Teachers will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on the age of the child.
- Child Care Benefits (pdf)
- Information Form (pdf)
- Child's History (pdf)
- Authorization Form (pdf)
- Enrollment Agreement (pdf)
- General Liability Waiver (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Caledonia (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - David D. Hunting Y (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Lowell Y (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Southeast Y (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Spartan Stores Y (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Holland (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Visser Family Y (pdf)
- Summer Day Camp - Wolverine Worldwide Family Y (pdf)
The average human body contains enough iron to make a small nail
Hmmm, not sure what to say about this, but kind of cool.
25% of your bones are located in your feet
Take care of your feet, wear socks that pull moisture away and make sure your shoes aren’t worn out.
Diets are a part of life
Take a healthy approach and combine exercise with healthy eating and you’ll do all right.
Your heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood each day
That heart sure does a lot of work. Keep it healthy with aerobic exercises.
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV
Turn off the TV, take a walk, and then go to sleep – think how many calories you will burn.
A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons a day
Whew, no wonder we go through so many towels at the Y!
The most pushups ever performed in 1 day was 46,001
Want to learn how to do the perfect pushup, ask any of our fitness coaches for show and tell.
Deep breathing gives you health benefits similar to aerobics
Slow down. Take a deep breath. But, don’t forget to do aerobics to make your heart strong.
It takes about twenty seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body
Faster than a speeding bullet!
The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap
Yikes, that is kind of disgusting, but interesting.
The beat goes on…
During a typical human life span, the human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billion times.
Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for bone health
We knew Grandma was right on. Plant a flower or vegetable garden!
There are 206 bones in the human body
Keep them strong with strength training exercises and healthy eating.
The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime
Wow, the heart sure gets a great workout. Make sure to keep it healthy by taking a walk or run today.
Your skin is an organ
This one just intrigued me!
Apples are more effective than caffeine at waking you up in the morning
They said an apple a day keeps the doctor away, now one more reason to start the day with an apple.
Each pound above your ideal weight lowers your life expectancy by 34 days
So, manage your weight through healthy eating & exercise. Our fitness coaches can help you!
Each human nostril registers smells differently
Smells in the right nostril are more pleasant than the left.
The right lung takes more air in than the left
Take a deep breath, fill your lungs and relax – you earned it!