GRYMCA Launches the Best Y Website in U.S.
Posted February 27, 2012 in
Of the 2,500 plus YMCAs in America the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is the first Y in the United States to give members and program participant’s real time registration, live chat and up-to-the-minute class information.
For the past 18 months, the Grand Rapids Y teams have spent 1,700 hours collaborating with local vendors to develop and launch what has come to be one of the most sophisticated and user-friendly YMCA websites in the world. This is one of the most interactive websites ever launched by any Y anywhere in the 129 countries the Y’s are located.
Cyndy Vogt, Marketing & Communications Director, for the Greater Grand Rapids Y said, “Y teams collaborated with local vendors to develop and launch what has come to be one of the most sophisticated and user-friendly YMCA websites in the world. This website is the first in the nation to link with the Y back end system to give members real time registration and up-to-the-minute information. It is not only one of the best, but it’s the most interactive website ever launched by Grand Rapids YMCA. This collaboration is also unique because so much of the work was done in West Michigan with the talents of Mighty in the Midwest and Collective Idea.” Another essential player in the background was the software company CCC “ Their work provided the West Michigan vendors with the tools needed to make the website interact with the Y operations real time.
After spending months canvasing our members on their needs and cross-checking every detail, the new Y website provides program participants, camp enrollees, members and those using our child care, an easy and logical online user experience that offers clear content, engaging graphics and usability that provides seamless task execution in real time.
- Browse programs by category, location, age, day offered, etc. at any of our YMCAs
- Real time program registration for members and non-members
- Have questions? Just click Live Chat and one of our trained team members will assist you.
- Get detailed information about child care, times, places, types and even all the forms needed to enroll
- Profile and password systems allow you to manage program registration, family members, program history and payments securely
- Real time membership sign up
- Scholarship applications are downloadable
- Check camp activities; enroll the kids in day, overnight or horse camp
- Add a family member to your account with just a click
- Check Y hours by location and see our new section for special promotions
- Search for a job at a location near you
- Make donations, offer to mentor, or become a volunteer
Founded in 1886, the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is composed of eight branches that serve 183,611 in the greater Grand Rapids community. All programs are structured to develop the YMCA’s Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Inclusion. The vision of the YMCA is to strengthen communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.