Grand Rapids,MI –The Grand Rapids YMCA is throwing the opening pitch of its annual “Give-A-Glove” campaign. The campaign supports The Inner City Youth Baseball/Softball Program by providing young players with gently used youth baseball gloves.
Everyone who donates a glove receives two tickets to a 2011 West Michigan Whitecaps’ home game. This important community-wide initiative runs from May 19 to June 1.
When: Give-A-Glove Campaign Opening Pitch Wednesday May 18, 2011 at 11 a.m.
Why: Provide gloves for youth involved in The Inner City Youth Baseball/Softball Program. The goal: collect 500 gloves.
Who: Speakers Lew Chamberlin, managing partner, West Michigan Whitecaps; Tim Lyman, senior vice president of marketing, Fifth Third Bank; and Dave Leggett, senior program director, David D. Hunting YMCA will announce the campaign.
Where: David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW (first floor community room).
Drop off gloves at any West Michigan Fifth Third Bank branch, Fifth Third Ballpark during any home game or these YMCAs:
• David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Grand Rapids
• Wolverine World Wide Family YMCA, 6555 Jupiter Ave. NE, Belmont
• Visser Family YMCA, 3540 Fairlanes Ave. SW, Grandville
• Caledonia Program Center YMCA, 9751 Duncan Lake Ave. SE, Caledonia
• Camp Manitou-Lin YMCA, 1095 N. Briggs Rd., Middleville
• Ionia County YMCA, 250 East Tuttle Rd., Ionia
• Lowell YMCA, 1335 W. Main St., Lowell
• Southeast YMCA, 730 Forest Hill Ave. SE, Grand Rapids