OTHER GIVING OPPORTUNITIES
Your gifts to the YCMA of Greater Grand Rapids have the power to change your community. Our Y transforms your gifts of money and time into investments that strengthen our community and move us all forward. There are many ways that you can help us make a difference:
Your gifts to YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids have the power to change your community. Our YMCA transforms your gifts of money and time into investments that build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. There are many ways you can help us make a difference.
Heritage Club and Endowment
The Heritage Club is made up of friends of the YMCA who share a commitment to the long-term financial stability of the Y and a belief that the Y’s life-changing programs must continue to be offered to future generations. Gifts to the endowment fund ensure that the YMCA will be here to serve other families for years to come. If you are interested in receiving more information or want to become a Heritage Club member, please contact Sara DeMann, VP Fund Development & Public Policy at 616.855.9682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chairman’s Round Table
Through the annual Strong Kids Campaign, funds are raised to make scholarship opportunities available for all, as well as support essential programs that strengthen the foundations of community. The YMCA of Greater Grand Rapid’s Chairman’s Round Table recognizes individuals, businesses, and organizations who have generously given $1,250 or more each year to support the mission of the Y. For more information on how you can become a member of the Chairman’s Round Table or to learn more, contact Kim Ritz, Director of Major Gifts at 616.855.9685 or email@example.com.
Over its history, the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids has changed lives and communities by providing programs and services where they are needed most. Our capital development efforts allow the Y to expand our reach and multiply the impact of our programs and services. Expansions or renovations of existing facilities and/or the development of new facilities ensure that the Y is ready to meet the ever changing needs of our region. If you would like to learn more about future projects or to get involved, please contact Sara DeMann, VP Fund Development & Public Policy at 616.855.9682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The generosity of others is at the core of our existence. One of the most sincere testaments to an organization is the time commitment of individuals who believe in its mission. It is only through the support of our volunteers and donors that we are able to give back to the communities we serve. The Y provides many opportunities to give of your time, including helping to raise valuable funding for programs that build health, spirit, mind, and body for all. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact Kim Ritz, Director of Major Gifts at 616.855.9685 or email@example.com.
For more detailed information about any of these gift opportunities, please contact the Development Department at 616.855.9683. Thank you.
2012 Strong Kids Campaign Volunteer
We count on the generosity of our members and community to help people of all ages and from all walks of life to be more healthy, connected and secure. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to belong. Volunteer involvement in the Strong Kids campaign makes this possible and is essential to strengthening the foundation of our community.
1. Use your experiences in business to help with strategy and reaching the goal
2. Make your own and/or corporate investment in The Y’s mission
3. Identify and invite others to engage in how The Y is strengthening community
4. Secure meetings, open doors, and make calls on potential donors
Impact on You
- Grow your professional network by working alongside local business leaders committed to strengthening our community
- Feel confident that your investment of time, talent, and treasure impacts individuals that need it most
- Engage in leadership development that contributes to being a better asset to your employer
- Raise your community profile for you and your employer
Be a passionate champion for kids. The YMCA has a great story to tell the community. Make it personal for you.
- 31% of Michigan’s children are responsible for caring for themselves after school, which can lead to drugs and teen parenting (enter the LOOP, Y Teen Zone, and other youth activities)
- Obesity has become the health care epidemic of this century (enter membership scholarships, Healthy Living Hubs, Veggie Van, and other fitness and nutrition activities)
- Only 19% of kids are ready for kindergarten success (enter child care scholarships, KidZone, etc)
Use your business experience to help with strategy. Inspire others to join you in nurturing the potential of kids, improving health, and giving back to have impact on our neighbors.
Help us share why The Y is important. Invite your friends, colleagues and associates to get involved. Invite them to:
- Tour the facility
- Visit a program in action
- A Y event
- Join other leaders by investing at CRT level
Help us open doors in the community:
- Secure the visit
- Join the visit and share why the Y is important to you
- Follow-up to ask question
Help us fund our vision to strengthen the community. Inviting others to join the movement drives more impact. Local children and families need your support.
Support the Y
For questions about donations and ways to support the Y, contact the YMCA Development Department: 616.855.9683