All Your Questions Answered!

To make things a little easier for you, we have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions. If your question is not on here, please don’t hesitate to contact us:

General Questions


Our facilities are located in communities around Grand Rapids as well as communities near Rockford, Lowell, Ionia. For detailed information, click on the “locations” tab.

Facility hours are listed on each branch page.

One or two adults and their dependents living in the same household, all who consider themselves a family

Contact branch membership department.

You are able to visit any of our branches when you come with a Y member and purchase a guest pass. It is the easiest way to check out the branches. However, many of our programs are open to everyone.  If you are visiting the David D. Hunting Y, please use this guest pass..

Members may purchase guest passes at the front desk.

Group fitness class are free to members. For a non member to attend a member-only group fitness class, visitors must purchase a guest pass and attend with member.

Please contact the branch fitness director.

Yes, contact the front desk of the facility you would like to rent.

Questions About Financial Aid


Financial assistance is available and is based on a sliding scale of annual income and number of people in the house hold.

Click for the following forms:

The amount of financial assistance is determined by a sliding scale based upon family size and gross income.

For YMCA membership, the amount of assistance will range from 0% to 65%. You will be responsible for a portion of your fees.

For Camp Manitou-Lin summer camp, your minimum payment will be $75 or 35%, whichever is greater. You are also encouraged to have your child become involved in the candy sale to help pay for camp fees.

For YMCA membership, financial assistance covers two adults and their dependent children, all living in the same house.

For YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin, financial assistance can cover the same listed above for specialty camps, and summer camp campers.

Yes. You will need to include the first page of your current 1040 federal tax return as well as all other types of income including check stubs, food stamps, DHS, and disability.

The current year’s return is required.

Yes, all financial assistance is valid for one year (12 months).