The Association, throughout its history, has asserted the dignity of all people without exception. The Association also recognizes that individuals, families, and communities are diverse. The Association values and respects this diversity and chooses to be inclusive through its acceptance of all individuals, regardless of race, age, gender, religion, ability, or cultural identity. The Association, while not adhering to any doctrine or dogma, is committed to Christian principles. This includes asserting that all individuals, without exception, are intrinsically valuable.
The Association is committed to the following:
- Welcoming all individuals in our programs and facilities
- Developing programs that respond to the needs of our members, participants, and communities
- Utilizing hiring and employment practices that are free from bias or discrimination
- Hiring and maintaining a diverse group of employees and volunteers
- Maintaining a safe environment that is free from acts of discrimination or harassment against any individual
If you have any questions, please contact the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids at 616.855.9622.