Summer 2020 Available Camp Programs
Summer 2020 will go down in history as being the most unique summer ever! While we had hoped and planned to be able to run all summer programs, this pandemic had other plans! YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin is excited to offer Day Camp programs and weekend Family Camp Programs this summer.
Summer Day Camp:
We are excited to be offering Summer Day Camp in July and August. Join us for a summer filled with outdoor adventures, sun and fun! Registration is available now!
- We have extended the age range for day camp to include children ages 4- completed 8th grade
- We have added a special Horse Day Camp available for campers finishing grades 2nd-8th
- Bus transportation to and from YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin will be offered for a weekly fee of $35.
Join us in July/August to enjoy YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin as a family. Explore camp while physically distancing from others.
- Activities for the weekend may include: Swimming, archery, canoeing, kayaking, pontoon boat rides, tubing, horseback riding, tye dyeing, nature hikes and more.
- Your family can reserve a cabin ( up to 5 people) for $750. Additional guests will be $50 per person. The maximum number of people in each cabin is 12. All cabins have private bathrooms and showers. Price includes a private cabin, activities and food for the weekend.
- Weekends begin with check in at 5pm on Friday with dinner and ends Sunday after lunch at 1pm
- Family Camp will be offered the following weekends: July 17-19, July 31-August 2, or August 14-16.
WHAT WILL DAY CAMP LOOK LIKE?
- Campers and staff will be required to answer health screen questions and temperature check before entering the facility or the bus.
- Campers will be placed in trail groups for their week long session. These groups will stay consistent through the week and will be viewed almost like your family at home.
- Social distancing will be encouraged among campers and staff. We will ask all campers to have a 6ft distance between each other.
- Handwashing will be the favorite new activity! We are making new hand washing stations so that campers will be able to wash their hands or sanitize before and after each activity.
- We will try to limit any shared equipment that cannot be sanitized prior to use.
- Campers will spend most of their day outside. When they do go inside of buildings, they may be asked to put on their cloth face covering.
- We have modified many of our activities that may have been done in larger groups in the past to be done within the small trail group.
- Campers riding the bus will be sitting spaced out. (Siblings can sit together). Masks will be work on the bus.
MY CAMPER CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO YMCA CAMP MANITOU-LIN!
WHICH ACTIVITIES WILL DAY CAMPERS BE DOING
- Petting Farm
- Willems Discovery Place
- Tye Dye Crafts
- Scavenger Hunts
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Shore Hike
- STEM Activities
- Pontoon Boat Rides
- Mountain Golf
- Special Theme activities
I UNDERSTAND THE YMCA CAMP MANITOU-LIN IS REOPENING WITH CARE.
WHICH ACTIVITIES WILL NOT TAKE PLACE THIS SUMMER?
- Rock Climbing
- High Ropes Course
- Large Group Games
WHAT SHOULD MY CAMPER BRING?
- All of the details can be found in your Camp In Touch page- under Forms and Documents. There will be a DAY CAMP PARENT guide available that goes over all of the details of camp.
- We are asking all campers to have a mask. There will be times throughout the day, where social distancing will be hard so we will all ‘Mask Up’.