Few environments are as special as camp! Whether you attend our summer camp, outdoor education, seasonal camps and activities, or corporate and group retreats, there are plenty of fun and exciting opportunities for all at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin.
YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin has over 100 years of camping experience and is located on beautiful Barlow Lake in Middleville, Michigan. Our beautiful, natural setting provides an excellent opportunity for all who visit. We are committed to providing a camp experience rich in tradition centered on our core values, with a Christian emphasis, and allowing all who participate to gain 21st century skills, independence and life long memories.
YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin History
From the humble beginnings of YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin’s 40 acres donated by then YMCA Board President Mr. Herman Liesveld in 1913, to today’s 160 acres, Camp truly reflects its Ojibwa Indian moniker “where the Great Spirit lives.” YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin was founded after a 16 year YMCA camping program for Grand Rapids boys was first held at Green Lake in 1897. From then until 1912, camp was held in temporary locations from Green Lake, Whitefish Lake, to Spring Lake, and on the Muskegon River near Croton.
Camp Board of Directors
Curtis Weaver, MD Chair
Physician, Grand River Gastroenterology
- Kathryn Armstrong-Martin
- VP of New Ventures, Sciences, & Systems, Amway
- Syd Baxter
- Kathy Benoit
- Applications Designer, Self-Employed
- Abbie Groff-Blaszak
- Leadership Coach, The Leadership Academy
- Jacob Hacker
- Junior Camp Manitou-Lin Board Representative
- Paul Hacker
- Technician, Weed & Feed Lawn Care
- Jason Jakubowski
- Criminal Justice Teacher, Montcalm Area ISD
- Mary Kerkorian
- Attorney, Cosmich Simmons & Brown PLLC
- Corinne Keuning
- Public School Support, Forrest Hills Public Schools
- Jill Pilecki
- MOCI Teacher, Thornapple Kellogg Schools
- George Przygodski
- Executive Director, Michigan Education Association
- Marjorie Schuchardt
- Ross Smelker
- Executive VP/COO, Viastore Systems Inc.