CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE UPDATE
ALL BRANCHES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
As partners in protecting the health and safety of our members, participants, families, staff, guests and community we are taking all necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and keep our Y family safe and healthy.
We are in unprecedented times. The coronavirus (COVID-19) has set off a global pandemic and let to the declaration of a national emergency. Under these difficult circumstances, the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids remains committed to being a leader and keeping the safety and health of our staff, members and community first.
At the direction of the State of Michigan, we will be implementing an EMERGENCY CLOSING. ALL branch facilities are CLOSED effective March 16, 2020 until further notice. We will monitor this fluid situation closely.
We are committed to supporting your health and well-being during this time. Please check out our FREE virtual classe, healthy tips and children's activities at our Keeping Healthy at Home page coming soon.
If requested, members may place their memberships on hold. We ask those who are able, to continue their membership draft as we work to provide vital community services and strive to continue to support our staff team. For membership questions. and concerns, please email email@example.com.
Our commitment is to this community. Thank you for your support during this time.
All programs in our facilities are CANCELLED, including any off-site programming planned during this time. All program participants who have paid for services will be issued pro-rated program credits to be used at a later date.
- The following SPECIAL EVENTS are cancelled through the end of March
- Healthy Kids Day is postponed
- WERQ Dance Party at Mary Free Bed YMCA
- All branches Date Night and Parent Morning Outs
- The White Elephant Sale has been postponed until Fall
- The following YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin* Events are postponed
- Camp Open House (March 22)
- Respite Weekend for Individuals with Special Needs (April 3-5)
- Horse Club (March 28)
- Advanced Horse Camp Weekend (April 3-5)
*Our camp staff are still prepping and planning for Summer Camp and taking registrations. Click here to see all YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin has to offer this summer in our 2020 brochure or click the button bellow to register today!
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, we will begin providing emergency childcare services to health care workers at Metro Health, Spectrum Health, Porter Hills and throughout the Community (first responders, and "essential" employees protecting our community during this time). We know families need safe and reliable place for their children, and we will care for their families while they care for our community.
CLEANING FOR HEALTH
We are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. First and foremost, the Y is ensuring that the cleanliness of our branches are kept to the highest standards.
Throughout our branches, we are increasing cleaning protocols, have sanitation wipes, tissues and additional hand sanitizers readily available for all members, and encourage everyone to wipe down all equipment prior to and after use.
Common areas are frequently cleaned including frequent cleaning of door handles, fitness equipment, lockers, tables/countertops, phones and other common "high touch" items in each Y facility.
The Y has scheduled disinfectant deep cleaning after branch hours of operation to enhance our normal cleaning schedules.
In addition, we are providing all branches with educational flyers that contain tips from the CDC and the Y on how to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The tips include:
- Upon entering or exiting the Y, utilize the hand sanitizer located in the branch.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before leaving the Y and especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or cough or sneeze into your elbow if necessary