All your questions answered!

To make things a little easier for you, we have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions. If your question is not on here, please don’t hesitate to contact us:


Our facilities are located in communities around Grand Rapids as well as communities near Rockford, Lowell, Ionia. For detailed information, click on the “Locations” tab.

Facility hours are listed on each branch page.

See our membership rates here.

One or two adults and their dependents living in the same household, all who consider themselves a family.

Contact branch membership department.

You are able to visit any of our branches when you come with a Y member and purchase a guest pass. It is the easiest way to check out the branches. However, many of our programs are open to everyone. If you are visiting the David D. Hunting YMCA, please use this guest pass.

Members may purchase guest passes at the front desk.

Group fitness class are free to members. For a non member to attend a member-only group fitness class, visitors must purchase a guest pass and attend with member.

Please click here or on the schedules tab.

Please contact the Health & Wellness Director.

Call or visit your branch or visit our programs section.

Yes, contact the front desk of the facility you would like to rent.


The Y is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that strives to serve all. We believe that opening doors can close gaps. That's why we welcome everyone to participate in our programs and services. To ensure this, we customize our rates based on your household income and size. If your annual income is under $65,000, we offer rate adjustments to make the Y more affordable to all. Click here for the Flexible Pricing Rates.

Through the generosity of donors, we are able to provide programs and services to those who may not otherwise be able to participate. If your financial situation is more complex than our flexible income based pricing allows, you may apply for financial assistance by filling out our Membership Form and bringing the completed form to the front desk at the branch nearest you. All Y members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of assistance. To process the application, we will also need the following information:

  • Copy of last year's Federal tax return (required)
  • Two current copies of pay stub or copy of social security or disability check

Click here for the our Financial Assistance Form.

The amount of financial assistance is determined by a sliding scale based upon family size and gross income.

For YMCA membership, the amount of assistance will range from 0% to 65%. You will be responsible for a portion of your fees.

For Camp Manitou-Lin summer camp, your minimum payment will be $75 or 35%, whichever is greater. You are also encouraged to have your child become involved in the candy sale to help pay for camp fees.

For YMCA membership, financial assistance covers two adults and their dependent children, all living in the same house.

For YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin, financial assistance can cover the same listed above for specialty camps, and summer camp campers.

Yes. You will need to include the first page of your current 1040 federal tax return as well as all other types of income including check stubs, food stamps, DHS, and disability.

The current year’s return is required.

Yes, all financial assistance is valid for two years (24 months).