On Friday, January 27, the Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA hosted their 9th annual auction at the Wolverine Worldwide Headquarters. In total, the auction raised over $160,000, setting a new event record.
The Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA Auction is presented by Community West Credit Union. Additional event partners include: Mercantile Bank of Michigan, Choice One Bank, Cannonsburg Wood Products, Turfs-R-Us, CS Manufacturing, Meijer, Almassian Jewelers, Varnum LLP, Grotenhuis, Steelcraft, Rocket Science, the Hauenstein Family, Wolverine Worldwide, and Rockford Public Schools.
While the Y will always be a great place for fitness, it is so much more. The auction raised money to help give scholarships and financial assistance to those who need it most. “The Y is a vital part of the West Michigan community — a welcoming place to learn new skills, connect with others, and access support in times of need,” said Lisa Boyd, Y Board member and Marketing Director, Community West Credit Union, the Presenting Partner for the YMCA Auction. “The Y does so much for so many in our community,” added Boyd.
By attending and donating to the YMCA Auction, community members supported kids and families. Each year, gifts the Y receives go towards:
- Teaching teamwork, leadership, and building confidence through youth sports
- Giving children a safe place under the guidance of caring adults before and after school
- Teaching life-saving water safety skills to children
- Helping working parents by providing affordable childcare through summer day camp
- Improving the quality of life and providing a welcoming environment for Active Older Adults
All proceeds from the event benefitted the Y’s annual campaign with an option to designate to the Y’s Fund-A-Need Summer Day Camp scholarship program.