The Administrative Intern will provide administrative support to LOOP Child Care Programs by creating and maintaining databases, filing, researching and compiling data, proofreading and editing publications, assisting with curriculum planning, communications, website updates, and other projects as assigned. The intern will also gain knowledge of child-based programming within the Association.
- Create and maintain databases.
- Assist with weekly lesson plans and general curriculum.
- Provide administrative support for licensing visits.
- Provide general administrative support of data entry, filing and organizing.
- Coordinate, create, or update project communications.
- Assist with inventory of classroom supplies, equipment and material.
- Attending meetings with leadership or staff, as needed.
- Provide classroom support as needed.
- As directed, other office support functions including briefing materials, and preparing shipments and mailings.
- Additional opportunities available based on interest and skill set.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working towards four-year (B.S.) degree or Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Competent in Microsoft office applications
- Suggested majors – business, community outreach or non-profit management
- 8 - 10 hours per week (flexible hours and scheduling)
- Unpaid internship
- FREE individual membership