Summer Day Camp Programming
Every Child Deserves a Y Experience
For the times families can’t be there, the Y supports their effort to nurture their child’s healthy development. Our well-trained staff provide safe, affordable, high-quality care so parents can have peace of mind while at work to help their family succeed.
At the Y, good child care is good family care. With a focus on important life skills, parents know that their child is:
- Developing core values
- Improving reading comprehension and fluency through daily literacy activities
- Practicing good healthy habits by being active throughout the day
- Increasing family engagement through weekly family activities
Our Programs Include:
30 minutes/day | Participants will demonstrate YMCA Pillars of Character: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, civility, trustworthiness and fairness.
60 minutes/day | Participants will demonstrate physical fitness & knowledge about healthy lifestyles.
60 minutes/day | Disguised Learning. To improve reading fluency, comprehension, oral speaking skills, confidence, self esteem and decision making skills.
What to Bring
- Peanut free labeled sack lunch (no fridge or microwave available)
- Sunscreen SPF 15+ and water proof
- Hat or Visor, if desired
- Bug Spray
- Water bottle labeled with name
- If cold day, extra clothing to stay warm when outside
What to Leave at Home
- All Electronics
- Cell phones
- Toys: stuffed animals, action figures, etc.
- Candy and Pop
Please note, this is a sample of our typical schedule. Each branch will have a personalized daily schedule to ensure children’s developmental needs are being met.
|Start Time||End Time||Activity|
|Arrive at 6:00 am||7:30 am||Arrival, Opening Ceremony|
|8:00 am||9:00 am||Huddle Group|
|9:00 am||10:00 am||Variety Rotation 1 , Morning Snack|
|10:00 am||11:30 am||Variety Rotation 2, Huddle Group|
|11:30 am||12:30 pm||Lunch, Reading, Journal Writing|
|12:30 pm||2:30 pm||Mastery Activities, Large Group|
|2:30 pm||3:30 pm||Huddle Group, Snack|
|3:30 pm||4:30 pm||Variety Rotation 3|
|4:30 pm||5:30 pm||Closing Ceremony|
|5:30 pm Closing||Departure|