The Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA will be CLOSED Sunday, August 27 and reopening on Monday, September 4 for renovations. Please visit another Y location during this time.
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 2:00pm & 3:30pm – 8:30pm
Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm & 3:30pm – 7:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
We’ll play with them while you work out! Our KidZone services are provided for parents while you are attending classes, using the Y for fitness, or participating in recreational activities within the facility. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun environment for your children.
How We Work
We will care for your child in our KidZone for up to two hours while you work out. It’s FREE for those who have a Y Family Membership and is designed for children 2 months to 10 years of age. If you bring a child who is not a Y member, a guest pass form is required for each visit, and there is a $3 per visit fee.
Please note: Times and age groups may vary from branch to branch.
Reservations are required for our INFANT program (2-18 months), to help keep our staff-to-child ratios and maintain a safe environment. Please call 616.855.1454 to make your reservation no more than 24 hours in advance.
Parents bringing any child into the KidZone must follow these guidelines:
- A picture ID (preferably Membership ID card) must be given to the KidZone desk staff for both the parent and the child in order for a child to be signed in.
- Children in the KidZone will be assigned identification.
- Only the person dropping off the child may pick the child up unless noted on the sign in sheet at check in. Photo ID required.
- All bags/belongings should be clearly labeled and the child and parent will receive corresponding numbers.
For pick up:
- Parent and child identification will be verified at pick up.
- Due to health and safety reasons, children must wear socks in the KidZone. Please bring socks with you. If you forget, you can pay for socks at the Member Service Desk for $1 a pair.
- Children are allowed to be in the KidZone for a maximum of two hours. There is a $1 late fee per minute for picking up your child after the allotted time frame or after closing hours.
- The KidZone are free services for those with a family membership. If you bring a child that is not a Y member, there is a $3/child per visit fee. Please pay this fee at the Member Service Desk and show the receipt to our staff when you sign the child in.
- Cubbies are available for children to store their bags and shoes. The Y is not responsible for any personal items.
- For safety, medical, and sanitary reasons, food is not allowed in the KidZone with the exception of bottles for infants.
- Y programs use positive guidance methods including reminders, distractions, logical consequences and redirection. These skills are taught through consistent rules and age appropriate behavior expectations. Occasionally a child may be removed from an immediate situation until he/she is able to gain control. Repeatedly disruptive or dangerous behavior may result in loss of privileges or activities, suspension or termination from KidZone.
- Parents must remain in the Y facility for the duration of their child’s time in the KidZone with the exception of Date Night and Parent’s Morning Out events.
- To reduce and avoid health risks for children, staff, and members, please do not bring your children if they are sick.
- If your child is having trouble adjusting to the KidZone and becomes inconsolable, a staff member will locate you with in the facility.
- The KidZone is an inclusive environment and will make every attempt to reasonable accommodate any child based on whatever needs may be.
The KidZone services do not fall under child daycare licensing regulation and are not licensed due to the limited number of hours a child is allowed to attend and the requirement that parents remain in the building.
If you are a first-time member, a KidZone staff member would be glad to give you an orientation into our program including drop-off and pick-up procedures.