A Hire Calling at Camp
Why Camp Manitou-Lin?
Few environments are as special as camp! YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin has over 100 years of camping experience and is located on beautiful Barlow Lake in Middleville, Michigan. Our beautiful, natural setting provides an excellent opportunity for all who visit. We are committed to providing a camp experience rich in tradition centered on our core values, with a Christian emphasis, and allowing all who participate to gain 21st century skills, independence and life long memories.
- Housing provided to Overnight Camp counselors.
- Day Camp counselors, on site housing is optional.
- Meals are provided Sunday – Friday.
- Transportation for day camp staff from David D Hunting YMCA to Camp Manitou-Lin provided.
- Staff are allowed to remain on site during the weekends throughout their seasonal employment if they choose.
- Resume building experience for years to come.
- Work with international staff from multiple different countries and states with different cultural backgrounds.
- A part of Project Real Job through the ACA and a safe environment for young people wanting to build a resume and career.
Guiding Principles describe our behaviors to support our organization’s work throughout its life in all circumstances, irrespective of changes in goals, strategies, and leadership. Our Guiding Principles are as follows: We CULTIVATE-We grow staff and volunteer leaders who will be stewards of the Y mission, resources, and opportunities. We OWN-We think long-term and act on behalf of the organization, beyond our own team. We WELCOME-We are inclusive of all people and all communities. We SERVE-We provide timely and excellent service to members, volunteers, community, and each other. We LEARN-We are never done learning and always seek to improve. We are curious about new possibilities and act to explore them. We UNITE-We work together to achieve big goals and speak as one voice. We RESPECT-We treat others with kindness and speak positively about other people in all situations. We PLAY-We celebrate, appreciate, and have fun!