Thank you for patiently staying with us on our journey over the last several weeks and months.
We have been planning and hoping to run summer programs at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin as we have for the past 107 summers. We considered many different possibilities as the pandemic evolved. Despite this careful planning, we ultimately determined that it would not be possible to deliver the type of program that you and your campers deserve and expect from us.
Therefore, we have made the heartbreaking decision to cancel the following programs at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin for Summer 2020:
- Traditional Overnight Camps
- Leadership Development Programs
- Horse Overnight Programs
- June - Summer Day Camp Programs
DAY CAMP IS AVAILABLE FOR JULY/AUGUST
There are still opportunities to experience YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin this summer! We are offering Summer Day Camp at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin in July and August.
You can sign up for our Day Camp programs today! We have expanded the age limit (Age 4-Completed 8th Grade) for our summer day camps to accommodate our overnight campers.
- Campers and staff will be required to answer health screen questions and temperature check before entering the facility or the bus.
- Campers will be placed in trail groups for their week long session. These groups will stay consistent through the week and will be viewed almost like your family at home.
- Social distancing will be encouraged among campers and staff. We will ask all campers to have a 6ft distance between each other.
- Handwashing will be the favorite new activity! We are making new hand washing stations so that campers will be able to wash their hands or sanitize before and after each activity.
- We will try to limit any shared equipment that cannot be sanitized prior to use.
- Campers will spend most of their day outside. When they do go inside of buildings, they may be asked to put on their cloth face covering.
- We have modified many of our activities that may have been done in larger groups in the past to be done within the small trail group.
- Campers riding the bus will be sitting spaced out. (Siblings can sit together). Masks will be work on the bus.
- Petting Farm
- Willems Discovery Place
- Tye Dye Crafts
- Scavenger Hunts
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Shore Hike
- STEM Activities
- Pontoon Boat Rides
- Mountain Golf
- Special Theme activities
- Rock Climbing
- High Ropes Course
- Large Group Games
- All of the details can be found in your Camp In Touch page- under Forms and Documents. There will be a DAY CAMP PARENT guide available that goes over all of the details of camp.
- We are asking all campers to have a mask. There will be times throughout the day, where social distancing will be hard so we will all ‘Mask Up’.
Day Camp at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin offers more than a camp adventure.
It provides campers a place to try something new until they succeed, and explore new talents and interests in a nurturing and inclusive environment. Seize your summer at YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin.
YMCA Camp Manitou-Lin has over 100 years of camping experience and is located on beautiful Barlow Lake in Middleville, Michigan. Our beautiful, natural setting provides an excellent opportunity for all who visit. We are committed to providing a camp experience rich in tradition centered on our core values, with a Christian emphasis, and allowing all who participate to gain 21st century skills, independence and life long memories.
Explore all of our overnight camp options!
Register for Summer Camp
Register now online for summer camp.
Camp In Touch Dashboard
Once your child is registered this is where you will find packing lists, required forms, and choose Camptivities.
Day Camp Bus Routes
We understand that driving your camper to camp each day may not be convenient for your schedule.
That is why we offer bus transportation to and from camp each day for $35 week. Bus routes for day camp are available at 6 different locations across the Greater Grand Rapids Area.
Day Camp Activities
Our day camp activities offer your camper so many ways to have fun!
All while gaining valuable life skills such as confidence, self discipline, social interaction and independence. Campers will have the opportunity to swim, canoe or kayak in Barlow Lake. They will also spend their time rock climbing, playing games and learning archery. With countless activities your camper will come home filled with stories of adventures and fun.
Each week of Day Camp is uniquely themed to add some fun and excitement to the mix.
Each week will contain additional activities that correspond to the theme of the week. Some themes include Super Heroes, Around The World, Harry Potter and more.