How to Thrive at the Y
Welcome to the Y! We are happy that you became part of our Y family, and can’t wait to get you off to the right start and help you experience all the Y has to offer.
We love our community and we are excited to welcome you to it! We are deeply committed to our cause of strengthening community and ensuring that all people have access to opportunities. For more than 150 years, the Y has helped members improve their health and well-being while building a stronger sense of community.
Get Ready for Your First Visit
- Schedule your complimentary Coaching Connection
- Get your tech ready to go: download our app
- Make a plan for your first sweat session, see below
- Bring your own towel, water bottle, and combination lock
- Connect yourself to our YMCA social platforms
For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
We want your experience at the YMCA to be positive, uplifting, and encourage you to reach your goals.
Below are a few things we offer to get you set up for success:
NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION • BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Looking for some guidance on how to achieve your fitness goals in our facilities? Sign up today for your complimentary Coaching Connection, available to you and all of your family members. In this session a YMCA wellness coach will show you around, answer your questions, and set you up for success.
- Help you set up and navigate the Y mobile app
- Review our in person and virtual group fitness classes
- Suggest adult and youth programs that may interest you
- Review our Y guidelines
- Demonstrate proper use of cardio and weight equipment
- Provide a sample fitness workout
To schedule your appointment, visit your local branch or call 616.855.9622
YMCA Mobile App
See all that the Y has to offer anytime on your phone.
OUR APP FEATURES:
- Easy access to all 7 locations
- See branch hours
- View and register for class schedules and programs
- Use your phone as a member card to scan in and out of a branch
- Receive updates on inclement weather, programs, and class schedules
- Give us your feedback